Monday, April 12, 2010

Return Of Greenmarket Makes Carroll Gardeners Very Happy!

oo
IMG_3585

IMG_3584

IMG_3586

IMG_3587

IMG_3591

IMG_3590

IMG_3589

IMG_3588


Everyone in Carroll Gardens seemed to have been at the first Sunday Greenmarket of the season. No surprise! The weather was just amazing. More importantly, it has been a very, very long winter and the Greenmarket has been on hiatus for more than three months and neighborhood residents were glad to have the market back.

"I am ecstatic" a friend, who was buying organic milk from one of the stalls, told me. "I've been waiting a long time for this."

Yes, indeed! So have I.
Where you there as well, dear Reader?





For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking



Share

6 comments:

roopa said...

I went at 10 am and I didn't see Milk Thistle. Am I blind or were they not there at that time?!?

Kelly said...

Oh, I thought that was Thistle Farm. The vendor was selling milk.

roopa said...

I think it was Grazin' Angus. They seemed to be selling milk and eggs in addition to their sausages and other meat products.

Kelly said...

That could be. I just saw the glass bottles and presumed that it was Thistle.

Will change the post until I can find out.

Thanks, Roopa

Anonymous said...

Hey-
I should have let ya know earlier: milk thistle did have some product (a few cases) that was being sold out of Grazin' Angus' tent. Dante had a mishap at the bottling facility, and was unable to have more product at market. He will be at market next week.
Thanks for everything. The pics on the blog look great!

H
Heather Rubi
Market Manager
Greenmarket
GrowNYC (formerly Council on the Environment of NYC

Margaret said...

Hot tip - if the fish guy is there - his mussels and clams are the best. Last year I bought a $10 mixed bag, followed his simple recipe for steaming, served over linguine. Heaven!