Thursday, January 13, 2011

Best Comment Of The Day: They Will Come Regardless Of Menu

oo

Anonymous has left the following comment on the post "'Stark' Worthy? Check Out Menu Of Soon-To-Open Smith Street Eatery *Diego*":
"I'm from CA and know the taco deficit in NY. Sunset Park comes close and those places on 10th Ave in Manhattan. This corner could be so good with a great owner with
taste, not real estate. Look, most who will eat here will just want to sit outside regardless of the menu. And most who will eat here are not from Brooklyn."

°°°°°°°°°°°

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been told that CA transplants are the toughest critics when it comes to Mexican food. I think people tend to get too fancy and creative when it comes to Mexican food. All I ask for is decent guacamole. I think the avocados must lose something in the transportation process, maybe people haven't mastered the thumb press test, or maybe avocados are just better when they fall off the trees and rot in the street.

Some of the best Mexican food I have had in NY was at Tortilla Flats in the West Village.

Melissa Sarno said...

I think I'll wait to taste the food before I dismiss the restaurant. And yes, we are all crazy New Yorkers who will pay for bad food if it means we can sit outside. Fortunately, in our neighborhood, we don't have to! We're lucky to have so many delicious restaurants in CG and Cobble Hill (some with outdoor seating) So it's not like I'll starve if this is a bad egg
:-)