Sunday, October 28, 2012

Greeting From South Carolina

oo
IMG_0120
Saturday afternoon at Surfside Beach, South Carolina
IMG_0122
The same stretch of beach (with surfers) this morning.   

Dear Readers,
A quick hello from Surfside Beach,  South Carolina. I am spending a few days on the beach to make some repairs and improvements to my my family's vacation home.
Luckily, the house  survived another hurricane season. Of course, as I am writing this, Hurricane Sandy is heading north to New York. On our drive down South yesterday, we felt the storm's effect. It rained most of the way through North Carolina and when we arrived at the beach, the ocean was churning and the tide higher than I had seen in a long time.

This morning however, all seems calm,  though the water is still lapping at the dunes.

Please keep me informed about what is happening in Brooklyn. Stay safe everyone and if you would like to share pictures, please send them my way.  I'll gladly post them.



No comments: