Tuesday, January 07, 2014

"Thanks For The Many Good Years": Serenity Hair Plus Bids Farewell After More Than 20 Years On Smith Street

oo
IMG_5516
IMG_5517 1
IMG_5523 1
IMG_5520 1
Reader Rachel  contacted me a few days ago to let me know that Serenity Hair Plus at 152 Smith Street near Bergen Street had closed after 20+ years. I walked by there yesterday as a group of neighborhood ladies were standing in front of the shuttered salon to read a note taped to the gate.  The note reads:
To my loyal and faithful customers and friends,
There comes a time in our lives that we as business owners need to sit back and view the big picture and see if it is time for change. That time has come for Serenity Hair Plus.
We at Serenity have serviced our customers for 20+ years and made many friends along the way. We've listened, we've advised, we've even cried together, but I feel in my heart that this was the reason God placed us here. We regretfully must close our doors in order for new ones to open. We at Serenity, with all our hearts, thank each and everyone who has come to our home and supported us from day one. We hope to see you soon in the near future.
From my staff, my husband and myself, we love you all and thank you for the many good years.
God Bless and always look for him for he will never leave your side.
Sincerely,
Serenity Hair Plus
The ladies shook their heads and commiserated about the loss of the business. "I have gone to this salon for years," one of them said. "The owner told me that the rent was just getting ridiculous." Another added: "What a shame."



No comments: