Wednesday, March 02, 2016

The Traditional 'Agnellini Pasquale' Now On Sale At Court Pastry Shop

oo
IMG_7129
IMG_7127
IMG_7128
Every year before Easter, Court Pastry Shop at 298 Court Street, displays their traditional "Agnellini Pasquale" in its shop window. The molded marzipan lambs, seated on a bed of meringue and fake green grass, are a symbol of the Catholic holiday in Sicily.
Of course, it would not be Easter in Carroll Gardens without them. I can't help photographing them every time they re-appear, because I am happy that the tradition continues just a bit longer in the neighborhood and that the family-owned pastry shop is still part of the community.
More than anything, the agnelli are a sure sign that spring is on its way.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thx for the pics every year! Grew up here & it is nice to see--brings back great memories.

Katia said...

Glad you like them. I can't help but smile when I walk past this bakery and the lambs in the window.

Sean said...

I love seeing them too! Any idea how much they cost? And if I wanted one would do you think I would just ask for Agnelli Pasquale?Do people only buy them right before Easter, or would it be normal to get one now?

Katia said...

I think it would be absolutely appropriate to buy one no. Otherwise, they would not have them in the window.
I am not sure how much they cost. Does anyone know?

Anonymous said...

$16. Last year I was too late to get one, this year I scored one so call ahead!