Sunday, October 08, 2017

A Trip To Austin For A Very Special Reason

oo
Untitled
Dear Readers,
Just in case you were wondering why there were no updated posts on PMFA this week, I am actually in Austin, Texas, currently.  You see, I have a very special reason to come here.
Untitled
Partially, I came here to do some touristy things, like hiking through some incredible landscape,
Untitled
and to revisit the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
Untitled
In part, it was to visit the State Capital
Untitled
and to admire its spectacular dome.
Untitled
I even managed to visit the Lyndon Baines Johnson Presidential Library
Untitled
which features such cool artifacts as his limousine, and highlights inspirational quotes by him.
I loved this one:
"To deny a man his hopes because of his color or race, his religion or the place of his birth is not only to do injustice; it is to deny America and to dishonor the dead who gave their lives for American freedom."
Untitled
But the main reason for the trip is to visit this little munchkin.
This is Dove, my grandson who was born in Alaska in May.  After my summer  weeks in France, I couldn't wait to see him again.
Untitled
Here is Dove with my son and with my 85 year old father, who joined us on this trip.
It was the first time that my father met this newest member of his family.
Words can not express how special it is to spend a few days with little Dove.
The only thing that could improve on it is if he lived closer to Brooklyn...

I will be back in Carroll Gardens early next week, so check back in for new posts.

No comments: