Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Appeal From Former Carroll Gardener: Does Anyone Have A PS 58 Kindergarten Class Photo From 1966?

oo

Joey, as a wee lad sitting on his aunt's stoop on Carroll Street in the 1960s
 Former Carroll Gardener Joey Vento
Joey with his wife and daughter with some of the displays of his Haunted Barn Museum

I have often mentioned that the best part of posting about Carroll Gardens on Pardon Me For Asking is the people I meet in the neighborhood, as well as the correspondences with former Carroll Gardeners, who moved away years ago, but enjoy all the news and photos of 'home'.
One of these people is Joey Vento. He and I have exchanged emails over the past few years and I always enjoy his anecdotes from his childhood here.
Joey lived on Carroll Street between Smith and Hoyt Streets when he was young. His parents moved him to 'the country', which, as he tells it "ended up being Flatbush."
He now lives in the Hudson Valley, where he owns and curates the Haunted Barn Museum.

Joey recently reached out to ask if I could help him connect to someone in Carroll Gardens, who might have a PS 58 Kindergarten class photo.  He writes:
"I used to have my Kindergarten class photo from 1966 taken at the Carroll School (PS 58.) When we moved years ago, it somehow vanished and I wanted so much to show it to my daughter. I never thought to take a photo of it, and it probably would have done no good, since digital cameras were not quite developed yet. Anyway, I was wondering if you could post a plea from a former Carroll Street resident. If anyone has that particular photo...1966 school year...Kindergarten...Mrs. Borsh, teacher..i. would be so appreciative and...relieved!!!"

So how about it, Carroll Gardeners? Can we get Joey a copy of his Kindergarten class photo?


3 comments:

Carla Barbosa Carrero said...

There are a few Carroll Gardens fb groups and a PS 58 fb group available. I posted my class group photos from 1974-80, so others may have too! I will take a quick look but Joey should join, view pics and post a request as well.

Katia said...

will definitely tell hi,. Thank you so much.

Son of Green Slime said...

Thanks Carla!! I will surely check those out,esp the PS 58 group!!! Joey