Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Happy, Happy Holidays, Dear Readers!

oo
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
The last few days have been very busy here at my house, but after much work, the house is all decorated, the lights are twinkling outside, and the cookies have all been baked.  You see, I am getting ready to welcome my little grandson Dove for his very first Christmas, and for his first visit to Brooklyn. As you can imagine, I can hardly wait.
As I am writing this, the little munchkin has just arrived at the airport and has already met his great-grandmother from Florida, who is joining us for the festivities.
Here is the very first encounter.
Untitled
Untitled
I am wishing you all a wonderful Holiday with your loved ones. Thank you so much for your continued support and friendship. It means the world to me.
Meet you back here in just a few days!

6 comments:

Graham fletcher said...

A very special reunion for sure! Enjoy every moment. I love your blog but I won’t begrudge you taking some time out for your grandson and the rest of the family ;)

Katia said...

Thank you so much, Graham. I will be back posting soon.

Pascale said...

SO SWEET! HAVE A FUN FILLED HOLIDAY SEASON!

Katia said...

The same to you as well, Pasquale!

Unknown said...

Katia....hello. Am writing from Denmark....(just saw your blogs online, but especially the writings or you father, i believe, DOM)
My name is Lorenzo Fumo....grew up at 33 President St. My great-nephew, living in Amsterdam, is a Blogger/Documentarian, and in the course of creating a documentary of our family's life. (My Nana, mother, and large family also arrived c. 1909, from Torre Annunciata to Bklyn). Nana owned the 2 tenaments directly next to old St Charles' chapel and the rectory bldg. (Corner of Van Brunt). If you have a moment, kindly reply via our email: lozomundo@yahoo.com (We are researching any film or photos of the area from Van Brunt to the docks of THAT era). I personally have digitalized many feet of 16mm film that my father shot of all of President st from late '40's, including the saint's feast parades, etc. Any extra visuals would greatly aid our research. Thank you very much.....(in advance) mille grazie e Bon Natale.

Katia said...

Dear Anthon, that sounds like a fascinating project. Unfortunatelly, i have no footage of that area and of that time, but let me know if you need some photos of the area now.
Perhaps one of my readers has old film scenes taken during this era?