Thursday, October 11, 2007

Will Tourists sing "The Blues"?

oo
(Photo credit: hotel.com)

(Photo Credit: expedia.com)

( photo credit: curbed.com)

Every time I pass the new Hotel Le Bleu on 4th Avenue , I am imagining foreign tourists getting out of their cab after a long flight and a bumpy cab ride to lay eyes on the hotel that they booked online. My guess is that they will be a tad disappointed.
Just for fun, I went on the German sites of Hotel.com and Priceline to see how the hotel is described and from the description, I would book this place in a flash myself...if I did not know that it was right next to a huge Taxi garage and right next to a busy Staples parking lot. One line in the German hotel description cracks me up in particular: " Genießen Sie Ruhe" translates into " Enjoy the Quiet." That may be a bit difficult to do in that particular location.
The outside pictures of the hotel posted on the web sites look lovely since they show only the top stories of Le Bleu. On the hotel site itself, the hotel looks as though it is standing in some pristine natural landscape. Lets see how tourists will rate this place once it actually opens. I can't wait to read the first reviews.

From Priceline Europe and the German Hotel.Com site

Das Hotel Le Bleu liegt in einem der schönsten Teile Brooklyns, nahe des Prospect Park, der Grand Army Plaza und der Brooklyn Bridge.
Nicht nur zahlreiche Restaurants, Geschäfte und Sehenswürdigkeiten sind von hier aus bequem zu erreichen, auch ein abwechslungsreiches Nachtleben macht das Viertel für Besucher attraktiv. Manhattan mit seinen unzähligen Touristenattraktionen, Theatern und Einkaufsmöglichkeiten liegt nur wenige Minuten entfernt, und der Anschluss an das U-Bahnnetz sorgt für größtmögliche Mobilität.
Genießen Sie Ruhe und Komfort in nächster Nähe einer der aufregendsten Städte der Welt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that you Knock-Down your own neighborhood!!

Kelly said...

Is that what I was doing? I think I was knocking a $300-$400 dollar a night hotel that is advertising its location as though it was in a wonderful quiet enclave of Brooklyn. Le Bleu's location on 4th is neither quiet nor is it the nicest part of my neighborhood.
Though I love my nabe, the corner of 3rd street and 4th Ave is a pretty awful location.