Monday, November 12, 2007

All I Want For Christmas Is This Old Print!

oo

OLD NEW YORK WITH BROOKLYN BRIDGE SEEN FROM ELEVATED TRANSPORT LINE

By Josef Breitenbach (born 1896 Munich - died 1984 New York)


Gelatin silver print. 1948.
$ 15,000 at www.germanexpressionism.com

I know it's old. I know its expensive, but how cool would it be to have this vintage print by Josef Breitenbach? I love the fact that he captured something as mundane as laundry swinging in the breeze, with the majestic Brooklyn Bridge just barely visible in the haze. Neat!
Maybe its the fact that Breitenbach's life mirrors my own in some way. He was born in Germany, moved to France and later came to New York.

To read more about Josef Breitenbach, click here





For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking


Digg!

No comments: