Friday, November 02, 2007

On The Trail Of An Ancestor In Brooklyn

oo
Brooklyn Bridge circa 1910

Brooklyn, Lorraine in Nova Scotia needs our help!

She is trying to find any information about her grand-father's brother Augustine d'Entremont who was born in Nova Scotia in 1883 and emigrated to Brooklyn. Below is her email to me with quite a bit of information. Now it seems to me that it should provide enough of a base to piece together a bit of his Brooklyn life and to maybe even find some living relatives of Augustine.


Hello Katia
I just surfed upon your site while doing some genealogical research.
I appreciate anything your readers can do for me. My great uncle was Augustine ( may have been called Gustave) d'Entremont. He was a carpenter by trade and was born in West Pubnico Nova Scotia in 1883. He lived as a boarder with Ed Mills and family at 4603 Ave M from at least 1930 to 1942. As far as we know he never married. He worked for a James McDade at 3858 Flatlands Ave Brooklyn NY in 1942. (The place is currently Cousins Bar and Grill.)
My great-uncle was 58 yrs old in 1942 and we have no other record of his existence and/or death. I would love to find his death record and or burial.

No family member maintained contact with him. I have him alive in 1942 from his draft reg. card. I thought you may know someone who would know what was
at Cousins Bar and Grill in the 1940's. I know it's a lot to ask but if you know anyone who does research and would be willing to
help, could you put me in touch? To date we have not been able to locate his death and or burial.
Thanks in advance,
Lorraine, Deerfield,
Yarmouth County Nova Scotia Canada.

So, fellow Brooklynites, how about it? Does anyone live next to that bar? Some old timer who may remember? It would be super neat to help this family find out. Any suggestions, info or photos would be appreciated and would make Lorraine love Brooklynites forever.
If you can help, email me at pardonmeinbrooklyn@gmail.com

For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking


Digg!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out Brooklyn-Geneology Info (Google it). The online archives for the Brooklyn Daily Eagle might be useful as well.

Anonymous said...

Interesting website:

http://www.bklyn-genealogy-info.com/index.html