Thursday, March 27, 2008

Old Miraculously Becomes "New" Listing At 45 3rd Place Listing

oo



The Carroll Gardens' Hunch Back at 45 3rd Place

When Old Becomes New


Look, Brown Harris Stevens is still trying to sell the duplexes in what must be Carroll Gardens' strangest and ugliest brownstone conversion. Except now, they are advertised as "new on the market" by realtor Phyllis Norton-Towers, despite the fact that those babies have been on the market for a very, very long time. The prices haven't yet been lowered, though.
The bottom duplex is still going for $1,595,000 and the upper one didn't budge from its original asking price of $1,555,000.
Back in January, I attended one of the open houses and was amazed by the rather shoddy construction. One would hope that the developer took care of some rather obvious flaws before this "new listing" scheme.

So, I ask you, dear reader, how much would you pay to live in Carroll Gardens' Hunchback building?


What's Luxurious About 45 3rd Place?


For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had the money I would pay $3,000,000. Its Carroll Gardens for christ sakes.

Anonymous said...

If I had the money, I would purchase the building, demolish the hunchback, and restore the brownstone to its original dignity and elegance.

Anonymous said...

the Brown Harris Stevens sign out front disappeared in the past week -- is BHS finally going to bail on the stinker?

Not as ugly as the POS 2nd-Empire-style addition on 3rd Pl near the subway. But still. That these are unsold restores my faith in Brooklyn.

Joanna Schmidt said...

My best friend's sister -in-law lived there for ages! I don't remember that. court and clinton.

It's weird, but I bet it is very cool on the inside!

Kelly said...

To Anon 10:23,
I was thinking exactly the same this morning. I would love to have the funds to knock down that "growth" on the back of the house.
It would have been so easy to make something extraordinary out of that place. Instead it has become infamous as "that house."

To Joanna,
Believe me, the inside looks cheap.
if you want to see photos of the inside, click on the " What's luxurious" link at the bottom of the post.
Let me know what you think..

Anonymous said...

"And I," said Legolas, "Would pay gold to be excused."

"And double to be let out, I I strayed inside."