Friday, March 28, 2008

When Union Dairy And Borden's Delivered To Brownstone Brooklyn Homes

oo






How incredibly stylish would it be
to have my morning milk delivered in such a fashion, right to my Brooklyn door? Early in the morning, in a thick glass bottle, it would wait for me on the stoop. Instead I have to remember to run to the deli . How mundane, how bothersome! The photo is simply tagged: " Milk Delivery In Brooklyn" No date, no further information. Would you say it was taken in the 1920's or 1930's?






For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of all, those glass bottles were not just recycled but sterilized and reused. As I watch my family consume multiple half-gallon cartons of milk each week, I keep wishing for a milk delivery service to return to Brooklyn. I figure it's only a matter of time - one has already started up in Manhattan (though it's not exactly what I have in mind since they don't appear to get the concept of reusing glass bottles) - Manhattan Milk Co. began delivery throughout Manhattan on 4/21/08 according to their website: http://www.manhattanmilk.com/zipcodeTest.html

Kelly said...

That is wonderful. Would love to get milk delivered...especially in glass bottles. I just checked, but unfortunately, they don't cover Brooklyn...Chucks...