Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Trip To The Store In The Auvergne

oo













Today, dear Friends, I am taking you shopping with me to one of my favorite stores in Issoire.
It is just a small place, but it sells some of the freshest produce, cheese and meat.
The food selection is amazing. Just look at the photo of the cheeses. That is just a very, very small sampling of Bleu D'Auvergne, a local blue cheese and of Saint Nectaire cheese.
And the fruit? How can I describe the taste of the strawberries and of the red currants? Simply heavenly!
With products like this, is it a surprise that cooking is a pleasure here?
Our first guests are arriving in just a few days. Then, I will have a reason to fill my shopping basket to the top with all these delectables.




For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

No comments: