Sunday, August 03, 2008

A Day At The Allanche Antique Fair

oo











No stay in France would be complete without at least one visit to a 'brocante 'or a 'foire des antiquités,' those wonderful antique fairs that leave you wishing you could buy everything in sight.
One of the biggest and most interesting one is in Allanche, about two hours away from our little hill here in the Auvergne. May I just say, dear reader, that I saw more beautiful old armoires, farm tables and chairs than I have seen in a very long time? Exquisitely restored and polished with natural bees wax, the pieces were stunning. I would have loved to splurge, but alas, the dollar, as you may have heard, is worth nothing against the Euro.
So, I was a good blogging girl and only looked longingly. I did manage to buy a few smaller items that were better deals. I am bringing them back with me to Brooklyn in my extra suitcase. Perhaps, I may offer some for sale to you, dear Reader, back in Brooklyn?




For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

No comments: