Thursday, December 04, 2008

Ticketing For Double Parking On Court Street

oo






As I crossed Court Street, I saw her scribbling away in her black leather pad. Then, she reached up to the windshield of the double parked Arizona truck on her tippy-toes and expertly clammed the ticket securely under the window wiper.
Just then, the driver showed up.
"C'mon," he said. "you saw me delivering right here." He pointed to the senior citizens center.
But she wasn't listening any more. You see, she caught a glimpse of me and my camera.
"Cheese" I think she said. And struck a pose.
She smiled for the photo, as the driver shook his head back and forth in disgust.




For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

4 comments:

Woodendesigner said...

The traffic police need to write a lot more on court street. Traffic on the street is bad a lot of the time from people double parking all over the place.

Kelly said...

Hi Woodendesigner,

I agree. Court Street is like a slalom run because of the dodging one has to do while driving. What gets me upset is when people refuse to parallel park into an empty spot and just double park in front of it. Now, that is the height of arrogance as far as I am concerned.

BestViewInBrooklyn said...

Good for her. I'm not a fan of excessive ticketing in the name of quotas, but double parking is annoying and dangerous, especially on the avenues. It makes crossing difficult for pedestrians and drivers alike - especially when it's a large delivery truck!

And if you think Court Street is bad (and it is!), check out 3-4-5 in Bay Ridge or 5th in Sunset Park!

Anonymous said...

I live on Court Street. I happen to live above a store that gets many deliveries just about every single day. I approve of more ticketing for double parked trucks, it is annoying to say the least, when angry drivers lay on their horns until they pass said truck at the rate of almost every 5 minutes. It's enough to drive me up the wall all day long. Guess I cant complain too much, if I could afford to live on a quieter side street I would.