Friday, May 08, 2009

Motherless Blogger

oo
IMG_7786

That's me on the left with my mother and my sister Tania (r)

IMG_7794

My mother and I


Mothers' Day has become a very bittersweet day since my mother passed away in 2003. Sweet, because I am a mother myself and have seen my children blossom into creative, independent and interesting young adults. I am super proud of them. I will enjoy spending the day with them on Sunday.

However, there is an element of sadness to Mothers' Day since I lost mine five years ago. Though I miss my mother every day, it is especially hard on this day.
I wish I could tell her about all the events that have happened since she is gone. I wish she could see my children now. And most of all, I would love to explain this crazy activity of mine, this blogging thing, which she probably would not quite understand. She would however, appreciate my outspokenness and my involvement in my community. And though she never was one to shower too much praise on me or my sister for fear of making us too 'overconfident' (it's a German thing), I know she would be super proud of me and my little family.

So here is to all of you, my motherless friends. I am sure your mothers would be proud of you as well.




For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kati, c'est la même chose avec mon père. Le fait d'avoir été proches d'eux et d'avoir pu partager beaucoup de choses ensemble nous a donné richesse et force. Ils restent avec nous pour toujours.
Je suis contente de revoir ta mère sur ces photos. Toi aussi d'ailleurs, tu étais adorable!
Je t'embrasse bien fort
Violaine

Anonymous said...

This was a very beautiful blog entry today. Thank you. My mother passed away about 4 years ago.

Vince

Rita said...

Katia, your post today was so beautiful.
My Mom passed almost ten years ago and besides always missing her, I still find, every once in a while, that i say to myself,... 'I have to ask my mother this, or I have to tell Mommie that..' Thank you for sharing your feelings and making it ok for all of us who are now Moms without Mothers, to be little girls again for a little while. Happy Mother's Day. Love,

Kelly said...

Hi Rita and Vince, Bonjour mon amie Violaine

Thanks for your comments. Am glad I have such incredible friends.

Have a great Sunday remembering your mothers (and fathers). Wish I had gotten to know them, because they must have been quite something judging by the children they raise!

Violaine, Je suis tellement heureuse de pouvoir rejoindre tous mes amis en Auvergne cet été.
Encore quelques semaines et nous pouvons reprendre notre partie de boules au village!

Anonymous said...

My Mom has one foot in this world and the other in the next. Am frightened by the whole thing and trying hard to have her know I will be okay. Lots of faith and persistence required because will miss her so much. No matter how grownup think I am she will always be my Mommy and me her little girl and so very glad she has seen me and my children grow up. Thanks for your dear thoughts because we are all together with this.

Unknown said...

Dear 2:33AM Wishing you much strength.