Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Olga's On Smith Street Now Officially Open

oo
olgas-logo-5-21-08


Reader Manny alerted me to the fact that Olga's, a new non-dairy, vegan restaurant, just opened at 407 Smith Street between 4th and 5th Streets.
Manny writes:

So, I've been keeping an eye on this possible new cafe/restaurant on Smith btwn 4th and 5th for a while now, I couldn't tell if the place was closing or opening. With Smith past 3rd St always looking like no-man's land, I was interested to see what this place was going to be. On my walk today I decided to look in and I happened to catch them on their opening day. It's a nice little restaurant called Olga's on Smith. It looks very sleek and clean and the prices don't really exceed 8 dollars. It's owned by some Jewish people and the restaurant has lots of kosher, vegan and vegetarian options (plus the fact that they're closed on Saturdays was the final hint). We talked for a bit and they were very nice and I grabbed a menu and told them that I'd stop in there sometime. I mean, healthy food for a good price a block from my apartment? Count me in! I figured you'd be interested in this and wanted to maybe throw a post on the blog to bring them some business or something. Their website is still under construction. www.olgasonsmith.com. I might even go there tonight when my fiance comes home and I'll let you know how the food is.

Manny


Manny has promised to get back to us with a review and photos of the place. Till then, I am posting a sample of Olga's menu from the restaurant's web site.


Our Food
Our food is simple and made with fresh ingredients. We have dairy as well as strictly nondairy (parve) menu items available for both takeout and sit-down meals. A lot of our dishes are vegan and we serve fish.

Sample Menu
Below are some of the many delicious dishes from our menu:
Edamame Coleslaw
Seafood Salad
Spicy Tuna Salad
Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad
Mustard Seeded Potato Salad
Spaghetti Squash with Spicy Tomato Sauce
Ratatouille
Caraway Roasted Potatoes
Crabcakes
Vegetarian Lasagna
Smoked Salmon and Mozzarella Panini
Butternut Squash Risotto
Mediterranean Tuna Stew



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

1 comment:

Plow to Plate said...

I know where I'm going for lunch! We need a good restaurant with vegan foods in the nabe.