Friday, August 14, 2009

A Brooklyn Blogger Says Good-Bye To France

oo
IMG_9724
IMG_9725
IMG_9719
IMG_9721
IMG_9722
IMG_9720
Has it really been four weeks, already? Please tell me, it is not so. However, a quick glimpse at the calendar has confirmed: It is time to pack our bags and to head home to Brooklyn.
But, oh, how sad I am to leave my little French village in the Auvergne. With a heavy heart, I have said goodbye to the spot under the linden tree, where we shared many a dinner and drank too many bottles of wine. I closed the shed door and walked down the stone steps to the village for the last time this summer. I encouraged the roses, the vine and the newly planted daisies to grow higher till I return and said my goodbyes to dear friends.

To Marinette and René, to Claudine and Michel, to Charlène and her parents and to all our other wonderful neighbors, I will miss you very much.
Merci pour un été formidable. Je vais revenir bien vite, c'est promis.


No comments: