Monday, May 10, 2010

This Past Week-End, T'Was Back To Buses Instead Of Trains On F Line In Brooklyn

oo

IMG_4049


Don't know about you, but the suspension of week-end service of the F and G lines here in Carroll Gardens always seem to come at the most inconvenient times. Of course, buses replace trains to Jay Street, but it certainly makes the trip into the city quite a bit longer.
I must say, though, there were enough buses standing in front of the Jay Street Station on the trip home yesterday.

How about you, dear Reader! Were you inconvenienced by the suspension of F train service this week-end?



Home Page

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

I actually don't mind the buses at all. I think I actually might prefer them and they come frequently. Plus they are free. Convenient if you are going to Park Slope or Downtown Brooklyn and much better than waiting for a weekend train.

Anonymous said...

I traveled from the Bergen Street stop (on Court) to the 7th Ave stop, and I'd have to say it was a hell of a lot faster above ground than below. No complaints.

Anonymous said...

I had a rotten commute in both directions to Long Island City. On a regular day it's a straight shot on the G to 21st Street. This was my commute home:

G-shuttlebus from Jackson Ave to Bedford Nostrand.
Transfer to G-shuttletrain from Bedford Nostrand to Hoyt Schermerhorn.
Take the A one stop to Jay Street.
Then go above ground to a super packed shuttlebus from Jay to Carroll.

From one train to 4 trains/bus.

I also have beefs with the weekend summary listings. This weekend had four bullet points for the F line alone. Too many! Give me a revised map if it's going to be that complicated and especially if every train is running on another train's line for part of the route (as the F and the A/C were doing.)

Raphael said...

I was home-bound (Carroll St.) at 10pm Sunday night, and was away fir the weekend, so I was unaware of the service changes. Upon surfacing at Jay St., there were NO BUSES. None. Three trains worth of Brooklyn bound passengers were at street level before ONE local bus finally showed. Shouldn't there be just a little coordinaton here?