Thursday, February 13, 2014

"Should Have Had The Winter Olympics In Brooklyn"

oo
IMG_6045
IMG_6049
IMG_6051
IMG_6057
IMG_6054
IMG_6047

IMG_6044
IMG_6059
IMG_6060
IMG_6061
IMG_6063
IMG_6065
IMG_6071
IMG_6041
IMG_6074
IMG_6079
IMG_6027
"Should have had the Winter Olympics in Brooklyn", my neighbor called over to us as my husband and I were shoveling the snow from the sidewalk.
It does appear as though we have more snow here than in Sochi, Russia, this winter.
I took a little walk around the neighborhood to get some bread at Caputo's and was amazed that the side streets were not plowed in any way.  Even Carroll Street in front of PS 58 still had a thick cover of snow on it at 11:30 Am.
And take a look at the photo of the steps of our subway stop at Smith Street and President Street.  Doesn't the MTA shovel any more?




4 comments:

Ferran Porta said...

Looks like this winter you're having all the snow we do not have in Germany (and most of Europe, actually).

Long time without strolling around; soooo very much busy :) Hi from Berlin!

Katia said...

Hi Ferran,
So nice to hear from you. Hope you are well. We actually had some more snow last night and more is predicted for tomorrow.
I know you have had 20c weather in Berlin. I am envious.

Ferran Porta said...

It's even a bit crazy, Katia. I thought I would never say something like this, but fact is I sort of miss (a bit of) snow, hehe :)

Everything fine, yes, just working hard on my little firm (I offer guided tours in Spanish and Catalan in Germany), and also I am a couple months away of finishing a book about Berlin. Oh, and I am a member of the board of the Catalan Association of Berlin, organizing cultural events.

No time to get bored but I missed all your posts of the many last months! (actually yours and those of all the blogs I used to follow).

Hope to find some time to keep reading all of you. And your nice posts from Carroll Gardens & also from France, in the summer!

I hope you and your family are also doing well :) Grüß dich herzlich, Katia!

Katia said...

You sound like a very busy man, Ferran.
Are your tours going to be all over Germany or just Berlin?
One of those days, I hope we get to meet either in Germany or here.