Monday, August 31, 2015

The Yearly Flea Market At St. Germain L'Herm

oo
IMG_5337
IMG_5325
IMG_5329
IMG_5341
IMG_5331
IMG_5349 1
IMG_5351
IMG_5353
IMG_5354
IMG_5342
IMG_5343
IMG_5333
IMG_5345
IMG_5350 1
IMG_5348 1
I must apologize for the long silence, but time passes way too quickly when I am in France. Besides, stepping away from my laptop for a while, especially while on vacation, seemed like the right thing to do.
However, I continued to bring my camera along on several outings my husband and I took during the last few weeks of our stay in France.
The photos above were taken during the yearly flea market in St. Germain l'Herm in the Auvergne. During the summer, many French villages will host 'brocantes' or 'vide greniers, which I love to visit, but the one in St. Germain is huge and wraps around the entire town.
This is the place to shop for absolutely everything, from old iron pots, to ceramics, furniture or vintage linens. This year, someone even sold a stuffed dog head.
I picked up some great plates, my husband bought a beautiful vase and my son purchased some brass hardware and serving dishes. Just about everyone who attended the brocante seemed to walk away with the one item that they had been searching for, like the fellow on the photo below.

IMG_5326


No comments: