Monday, October 09, 2017

On The Passing Of Peter Rogakos: A Very Sad Loss to Carroll Gardens And To Avlee On Smith Street.

oo
IMG_1478
Avlee owners Andrew Poulos and Peter Rogakos on the night of Avlee's opening in 2013

I am so saddened by the loss of Peter Rogakos, one of the co-owners of Avlee Greek Kitchen.
Peter passed away on Monday, October 2nd, of a heart attack.  He was a devoted father of three children and a Bay Ridge resident.
He opened Avlee at 349 Smith Street with his partner Andrew Poulos in February 2013 and worked tirelessly to make his eatery the success and welcoming place that it has become.

At the time of his passing, Peter was busy on another restaurant venture.

One of his friends reached out to PMFA to say:
"I knew Peter not only as a friend, but as one of the hardest working individuals I have ever met. He was a loving husband and father who will be missed by all who had the privilege of knowing him."

My condolences go to his family and to the Avlee crew.  Yes, Peter and his big smile will be very much missed in Carroll Gardens.

Though it must be very, very hard,  Andrew has reopened Avlee. The best way to honor Peter is to stop by to his beloved eatery on Smith Street and to make sure that it will be part of our neighborhood for any years.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad. Love Avlee!

Anonymous said...

I'll always remember Christmas on Beverly Road with George and Peter.

Crito

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to inform you, but it wasn't a heart attack that killed Peter. I wish that was the case, because the real cause was much worse. I worked for him for a while and his family, his partner's family, and my family have been close for years. I miss him dearly, and it breaks my heart knowing how he went.

Anonymous said...

What happened