On Saturday night I looked out of my window and could see the canal overflowing halfway up Sackett Street (between the canal and Bond). I don't know the statistical data, but it has become more often and regular that at high tide, the canal often looks about as high as it can get before overflowing. I heard that the bulkheads at Whole Foods which were a mess before the storm really became a worse mess. Whole Foods owes it to the community (and probably legally) to restore those bulkheads. This is a flooz zone - no doubt about it. Breathing a sigh of some relief that EPA Superfunded the canal.
On Saturday night I looked out of my window and could see the canal overflowing halfway up Sackett Street (between the canal and Bond). I don't know the statistical data, but it has become more often and regular that at high tide, the canal often looks about as high as it can get before overflowing.
ReplyDeleteI heard that the bulkheads at Whole Foods which were a mess before the storm really became a worse mess. Whole Foods owes it to the community (and probably legally) to restore those bulkheads.
This is a flooz zone - no doubt about it. Breathing a sigh of some relief that EPA Superfunded the canal.