Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Drug Store Formerly Known As Eckerd

oo


The signs are up, its official. Two days ago, I saw the workers place the new neon letters on the drugstore formerly known as Eckerd. It now is Rite Aid, not that it really matters. But, pardon me for asking, will Rite Aid be managed any better than the old store? I sure hope so. I had become so annoyed at Eckerd, that I rarely went in there, though it is rather close to my house. However, it was so badly run, so unprofessional, that it irritated me to no end. So it can't get any worse.
One of my pet peeves is the fact that this neighborhood store can't even keep the plaza in front look decent. Though lovely cherry trees were planted in front, the tree pits are so overgrown that it looks downright shabby. I don't know if the store is responsible or the owner of the building, but if I were the manager of Eckerd/Rite Aid, I would certainly want it to look a bit more manicured.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I was walking by this morning I was thinking the same thing....what is happening to Carroll Gardens....does anyone take care of their property any longer. CB6 says that the city is cleaner...but you could fool me I think it's getting dirtier and dirtier. Water bottles, beer cans, food containers everywhere...Court Street and Smith Street are just not the same is everyone waiting for someone else to pick up their mess.......

Anonymous said...

You are so right. That store is not only badly run, but the plaza in front of the store is a disgrace. What can we do? Talk to the store's managers? Their Headquarter? It's not as though talking our Assembly Person Joan Millman is going to help.