Thursday, September 13, 2007

What happened to Frida And Her Closet?

oo



Say, what happened to Frida's Closet at 296 Smith Street? At the beginning of the summer, there was a sign in the window informing patrons that the small boutique was going to be closed while the landlord was doing some renovation on the building. The lovely little store, one of the first designer clothing stores on Smith, was hoping to reopen after a few weeks. I have been watching out for the big reopening. After all, "Frieda's Closet is still written on the store window in gold lettering. So imagine my surprise and stupefaction to see a few office desks in there. A woman was sitting at one of them and since I recognized her as one of the P.S. 58 mothers from wayyyy back, I stuck my head in there.
-This does not look like Frida's any more, I told her.
-No this is now a real estate office, she informed me.
Just what we needed. But where is Frida? Anyone know?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I loved that store. What happened? I thought for sure that she was coming back.

Anonymous said...

There was a Frida's Closet website (note spelling) but it is down now. She had a MySpace page so I am going to try to get in touch with her and find out what is up. I was also sad to see the real estate office in there.

Kelly said...

Please let me know what youfind out. I would love to know.
So it is Frida. My grandmother was a Frieda, so I jsut presumed. I'll quickly change the spelling. thanks.