Friday, January 18, 2008

They have a dream: P.S.261 Kids March On Brooklyn Borough Hall!

oo







(Photos By Lisa Pines)


Friday, January 18th Borough Hall, Brooklyn


What an incredible idea.
To honor and celebrate Martin Luther King, the students of P.S. 261 on Pacific Street marched on Brooklyn Borough Hall to recreate the historic "March On Washington."

Holding historically accurate signs, the third, fourth and fifth graders where greeted by Borough President Marty Markowitz on the steps of the Hall. The students gave part of Dr. King's "I have a Dream" speech and shared their essays on how his dream is alive today.
The beautiful photos of the event were sent to me by my Carroll Gardens' friend Lisa Pines, whose son goes to P.S.261. She is a professional photographer. She takes some of the most amazing pictures, especially of children. A long time ago, she took some photos of my kids when they were still small and cute. She captured them perfectly and the photos are still some of my favorites of their childhood.
Take a look at her incredible work on her web site at: www.lisapines.com


And here is her contact info:


Lisa Pines Photography
917-345-9199
505 Court St #1E
Brooklyn, NY 11231


For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fantastic pictures. The children were talking about the march for days. I am so glad it turned out to be such a beautiful day. I wish I could have been there to see it live. Lisa does take amazing photos of children.
Cynthia