Friday, June 13, 2008

Scarano A Bad Boy? You Don't Say!

oo


O.M.G.!
Architect Robert Scarano lied and made false statements on building applications?
What?
On two new projects in Greenpoint?


Pardon me for asking, but what about 333 Carroll Street? Construction on this building as been in limbo for months. It is just another Scarano fiasco, just another example of his creative F.A.R. calculations. In the meantime, the two story steel skeleton of the addition looms over Carroll Gardens. Unless the Department of Buildings does the right thing, the neighborhood may have to live with this monstrosity forever...




Related reading:

333 Carroll Street May Lose It's Top After All

New Permit For Mr. Mezzanine's Carroll Gardens Carcass?


For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

2 comments:

Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

Hi - Found your blog via link in todays NYTimes. Nice blog, will blogroll.

Nice photos. Do you mind me asking what camera you use?

Kelly said...

Hi there, Doctor tbtam
I am glad you found your way to Pardon Me. I'll definitely link you, too and hopefully try one of your recipes as well.
Regarding the camera: I have been using a Canon PowerShot A 720 for a while now and I love it. I especially have gotten used to the 6x zoom which is incredibly handy. The 8.0 mega pixels are also nice. It allows me to crop the picture quite a bit without loosing clarity.
The only thing I did was to invest in Canon Rechargeable batteries for the camera.
The camera does not come with them because theoretically, you can use regular batteries with it. However,they run out of juice after about 30 pictures, which is crazy.
Other than that, it is the best small sized camera I have ever owned.