Monday, July 07, 2008

Pardon Me For Asking, But Have The Streets Of Carroll Gardens Gotten Dirtier Lately?

oo



Doesn't it seem, dear reader, that recently, the streets of Carroll Gardens have gotten quite a bit dirtier? Take this odd collection of refuse on Smith Street for example: a pair of used black socks and a roll of toilet paper. What's that all about?

I know I just came back from vacation and that I have to get desensitized to this sort of thing again, but it does seem to me that there is more trash lying about these days.




For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probablymore sensitive to it now that have been away.
But I still think a major quailty of life issue that few seem to notice or care about. Try walking up Smith 7AM!
And will get worse for next month or so as we have no alternative side of street parking for awhile
(just like Park Slope did last month) while they change signs.
And as dirty as it is - I think we are now be reduced to once a week on each side for street cleaning.

Anonymous said...

I think it is because you just came back from the South where everything is kept a little tidy.

Anonymous said...

that is too bad . i think the laws there are not stringent.

Anonymous said...

yes i agree carroll gardens have becomd more dirtier.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me! Look around! Not only Carroll Gardens but Cobble Hill and Brooklyn Heights too! People don't know what a broom or a hose are used for. You have people who walk their dogs on your property and do their business there. And people throw all kinds of garbage on the floor and don't use pails as well. So the next time you walk down ANY STREET take a good look and smell.

Kelly said...

I agree, the problem is more wide-spread than just in my little neighborhood. I'll make sure to take some more photos next time I am out and about.

Anonymous said...

The Doe Fund, which used to clean Smith Street, isn't tidying the streets anymore.

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/31/13/31_13_smith_streets_doezaster.html