Monday, July 07, 2008

Carroll Gardens Greenmarket: Quite The Place To Catch Up With Friends!

oo








Have you tried the organic chocolate milk available at the Carroll Gardens Greenmarket from 'Thistle Farm'? Though it is a bit expensive, I bought it for the first time this Sunday. May I just say that one sip of it is more satisfying than a piece of chocolate cake? And probably much more fattening too. But then, you only live once.
Since my refrigerator was pretty much empty, I ended up stocking up on fruit and vegetables.
This time, I bought some seafood as well. (The mussels were amazing!)
One of the added benefits of shopping at the market is that I have run into so many neighborhood friends lately, some of whom I had not seen in quite some time. It is quite nice to catch up and get some grocery shopping done at the same time.
Not bad for a Sunday morning!






For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am big fan of organic things , but this was lil bit expensive .

Anonymous said...

that's what i like about the green markets
they grow everything, etc
then they charge twice as much as local stores
i rather support the local candy store, dry cleaner, etc
these people come in, dump their stuff, and then go on the run with the run with my money
serious, no kidding