Tuesday, November 04, 2008

'Living On Smith' Not Living On Smith Any More

oo




I have to confess, dear reader, that I only ever set foot into "Living On Smith" a small home decor/ gift boutique at 289 Smith Street, once or twice. I generally am not in the market for $30 candles and $80 pillows. But the store has been there for quite a while and I guess I had gotten used to looking at their nice window displays.
Yesterday, however, when I glanced on my way past, I noticed that the store had been emptied. Only a few display cases remained.
'Living' had a sister store on 7th Avenue in Park Slope. I wonder if that is still open...
Anyone know?

For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

2 comments:

zach said...

they moved all of their inventory to the store in the slope

Anonymous said...

It is about time!! I love seeing bad things happen to BAD PEOPLE. The owner and the staff at this store were beyond rude. They had a terrible return policy. There was never any new merchandise and you never knew if they would be open or not.
This store was simply not good enough or nice enough to be able to compete with all of the great retail on Smith street.