Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Before And After: Getting It Right On Henry Street

oo
Before

After


(Photo credit: John Hatheway)

(Photo credit: Sebastian Fusco)



Reader Sebastian sent me the photo of this sweet little carriage house on Henry Street between 1st and 2nd Place. He writes:
"Not sure if you have ever seen this beautiful new carriage house on Henry Street but I feel like the owner did a wonderful job building this from scratch. The owner lives on the corner and this was a garage that she put a lot of effort into."
Yes, I couldn't agree more. It is just beautiful.
I had walked by this little jewel a few months ago when it was still in construction. I always wanted to stop by to see the finished result, so I was excited to see Sebastian's photos. The architect on this project was John Hatheway. His design not only enhances that block, it is respectful of the surrounding brownstones. .
I contacted John to get more information on this project. He sent along the 'before' photos of the old structure. Quite an impressive improvement, I'd say.



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely!! Will this be a residence? I had the pleasure of recently meeting Mr. Hatheway - I am very impressed by the quality and precision of this revival!! Let's just hope and pray that many others will see the light!

Anonymous said...

A lovely little structure. It looks well constructed, to boot, which means it'll age well and only add more to the neighborhood in time.