Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Valentina's Laundromat Says Farewell To Smith Street

oo




Oh, no! Another casualty on Smith Street. Valentina's Laundry at #216 has recently closed its doors. Reader Shawn sent me an email a few days ago asking me if I knew anything about Valentina's closing, but frankly, I had not even noticed until he mentioned it.

A quick walk down Smith Street yesterday confirmed Shawn's suspicion. The place was shuttered and the business' name hurriedly pained over.
At this rate, there will not be any service oriented businesses left on Smith.



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

5 comments:

Shawn said...

SUCH a bummer. That place was one of the things I always told people about when they asked how I liked living in Brooklyn.
Dammit.

Thanks for confirming the bad news for me.

Anonymous said...

The younger girl that worked there was kind of hot.

Anonymous said...

Another victim of rising rents on Smith st. They fought a losing battle to work with the landlord so another 18 year tennant is displaced. Valentina and her husband nissen will be missed.

Anonymous said...

i will miss the cat who kept watch over the books most of all!

Anonymous said...

I live across the street and was really bummed too! To make things worse, I think the laundry about a block up the street (formerly Laundry at the Deli) closed too. It has been shuttered for days now. Anyone know of another laundry near by?