Saturday, August 29, 2009

No, No! " Bagels By The Park" Not Closing...Just Taking A Vacation

oo






My email box started filling up with messages from readers early Friday morning. "Any idea what is happening over at Bagels By The Park? They were closed this morning, when I walked by." wrote one person. Another reader reported that " the windows were taped up, when I tried to get my coffee. What's going on?" And a third asked "Hey, Katia, you mostly know what's happening in the neighborhood. Do you know why the bagel joint is closed?"

Frankly, I had no clue, so I took my camera over to # 323 Smith Street, at the corner of President Street. Yes, it is true that the place where most neighborhood residents buy their morning java on their way to the F train, is closed.
It seems that Carroll Gardeners will need to get their brew and bagel someplace else, but ...only until September 7th. You see, the place is closed for vacation. That's all. Mystery solved!



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On friday night there was different paper on the windows and you could see workers taking down the ceiling tiles. On Saturday, when I went by, the paper had been changed to cover the windows better and I could hear power tools. I am thinking a renovation is in the making....but we will need to see on the 7th.

Wow - what a place. said...

I'm glad the Bagel place will stay open. Too bad that "Stink Hole" they own next-door to it isn't closed down.

Beer Garden, my aunt fanny!

www.undergrounddining.blogspot.com said...

thanks for the info! my roommates and i were just talking about this last weekend!

Birdy said...

Oh no! this is just darn terrible! Where am I going to get my coffee with honey and hardboiled egg?