Thursday, October 01, 2009

Get Ready For Some More F Train Inconvenience

oo

photo credit: wikipedia






Arrrgggg!

Some more F train inconvenience, but this time, it has to do with the rehabilitation of the Culver Viaduct, the elevated tracts over the Gowanus Canal at the Smith and 9th Street station and not with the closure of the 2nd Place entrance. Work on the the steel viaduct, which is currently wrapped Christo-style in black protective netting, is to continue through 2012.


To accommodate the repair, F train service between Jay Street-Borough Hall and Church Avenue will be suspended for the following weekends:

October 10-12,

October 17-19,


October 24-26


and November 14-16,


from 12:01 am Saturdays through 5:00 am Mondays.


There will be shuttle buses provided to transport travelers from Jay Street-Borough Hall along the F train route.

Sounds like a traffic nightmare to me.


Related reading:

When Carroll Gardens Commuters Come Home Tonight, The 2nd Place F Train Plaza Will Be Closed




For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think "traffic nightmare" is an understatement. Several years ago, while some other major F train rehab weekend project was underway, the shuttle buses along the same route didn't even bother to stop at Carroll/President Streets. The buses were so packed, they just kept going, leaving frustrated passengers on the sidewalk.

Hadj said...

Before spewing hatred, as a Bond St. resident I love your blog.

But as an F-train user, I am angered to no end by these jerks. Why do I buy a monthly pass when I can't depend on them to get me where I need to go? Big sigh.

Kelly said...

Hi Hadj on Bond,
Thanks. Glad you like my daily slice of life in Carroll Gardens.

As for the MTA. I feel your pain.
Thankfully, the closures are only on the week-end. So unless one has to work On Sat. and Sun., it makes sense to stay right here in beautiful C.G.

Anonymous said...

The weekend closures are always an inconvenience. I regularly go into the city on Saturdays and/or Sundays for various errands, classes, meetings, appointments, etc. With even minor service diversions on the weekends, it takes at least twice as long to get around town. On a recent weekend, it took me 45 min to get from Carroll St to 23rd St on the F, a trip that usually takes no more than 20 min. Needless to say, I was late...