Saturday, July 31, 2010

Postcard From France: Busy Days In The Country

oo
IMG_5376

IMG_5466

IMG_5475


IMG_5478

IMG_5479


You were probably wondering, dear Reader, what had become of me here in the mountains, in the middle of France. Not to worry. Everything is fine. It has just been a very busy couple of days.

I had expected to blog and photograph more during my stay here, but then, the days have their very own rhythm and pass entirely too quickly. In addition, my son Max arrived here last week with his girlfriend Lucy, so we have taken some day trips and visited markets.


Here in our little village, it has been raining off and on for days. The sun made a glorious appearance for two days, but was chased away again by ominous clouds and yesterday, we woke up to a thunderstorm, which knocked out the internet for the second day. Today, we may be a bit luckier, but the weather changes hourly here.

How do I spend my days here, you may ask? Well, I tend to my garden, go to the market, cook, visit and entertain our many French friends, take day trips with the family and make sure that our little wood stove is filled and warming the house. (Yes, dear Reader, we have had to make fires in the morning and night for some coziness on rainy days.) We also have to chop wood to replenish our reserve for next summer. So you see, there is plenty to do here. The word boredom never enters our vocabulary.


How are things back home in Brooklyn. I heard that the heat has broken and that the weather is delightful.





ShareThis

No comments: