Friday, April 08, 2011

A Moment Back In Time: The Pony Cart

oo
photo-1

This certainly is a blast from Carroll Gardens' past. Reader Mary just sent me the photo above which she took on Clinton Street in 1989 or '90. The pony and the cart belonged to an old man who sold flowers around the neighborhood.
I certainly remember him. In the spring he had annuals and in the fall he offered chrysanthemums. He also sold vegetables. I sometimes would see him and his pony all the way on Clinton and Atlantic Avenue. It was always a delight to run into the duo.
Someone told me that the horse was stabled on Columbia Street, but I was never able to confirm that. I am not even sure when I saw them around the neighborhood the last time.
Does anyone have more information on who the old man was and what happened to the horse?

Click here
for another photo, which I posted a few years back.


°°°°°°°°°°°°

No comments: