Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Flier Revolution: Tell Newsday To Stop!

oo


So, I have to tell you about my little flier breakthrough yesterday. As you know, I have become super annoyed with the fliers being shoved into my front gate almost daily. The environmental impact of all those plastic bags and useless advertisement pages is horrendous.
On Friday, as I was recycling the daily collection of paper junk, I found a post-card sized flier in all that paper. Maybe it is in there all the time and I just noticed it for the first time. Turns out that this particular bunch of advertisements came compliments of Newsday. They call the garbage that they leave on our property a "Value Bag" and they seem proud to be "delivering money-saving circulars to your home."
On the piece of paper, there was a Newsday Customer Service number. I called it. And let me tell you, it felt so good to inform the woman on the other end that I was mad and that I wasn't going to take it any more and to pleeease stop delivering the "value #$%^&* pack "to my house. To my surprise, the woman said that she will forward the information to the home delivery department and that they will take my address off their list. Will it work? I doubt it. Especially because the person delivering it comes with a shopping cart and seems to wildly fling the packs around him sans system. But it sure made me feel better to do something.
Anyway, in case you want to call too, here is the number. And spread it around amongst your friends and neighbors. Lets start a flier revolution. Maybe if enough people call....

Newsday Customer Service: 1 800 639 7329

No comments: