Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Late Fall Garden!

oo


]

My garden has thrived on neglect this summer. It has survived the long hot days of summer. My little plot of Brooklyn soil is a carefully designed wilderness. As a gardener, I operate with one concept in mind: any plant that thrives here is welcome. However, the color of the plant needs to be either silver green, dark green, white or any shade of purple/pink. It works. The only exception is the little red rose that has sneaked its way into the garden by having deceived me about its color. But it is so happy here, that I don't have the heart to expel it.
And just as the worst heat of summer is over and the cold Canadian air is making life in the city
downright pleasant, the garden is more spectacular that ever before. Don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The wildness & texture of your garden against the backdrop of a stately brownstone (from what I can see) should be quite a beautiful scene. Keep up the good work!