Monday, November 26, 2007

"Welcome To Here!" Sushi Sichuan Cuisine On Smith!

oo




So I totally missed this new place at 176 Smith Street. Last time I walked by this location, I think it was a Peruvian Restaurant called Mancora. These days, it is a Sushi/Sichuan establishment, whatever that is. The sign and the menu indicate two different names: "Saki" or "Szechuan Garden" depending on if you want Chinese or Japanese.
There is a pretty funny letter in the window touting their chef . It actually is pretty funny:

We have wide variety of sushi and Sashimi under our roof is AIR-SHIPPED from Japan Tsukiji Market. Our master Chef MR.IKESAN has *strong* background.
He has trained and worked in Japan for 7 years before moving to U.S. New York City. After working in several restaurants, he joined the highly acclaimed Bule Ribbon restaurant in the City. He has more than 10 years skilled for Japanese food with many country spices combination, and you are invited to enjoy your meals in Saki and share Our Master Chef MR.IKESAN Experience in Japan.

A Sushi-Sichuan restaurant with a "BULE Ribbon" trained chef with a *strong* background. I may just have to check this place out.
I only wonder what adjective was covered up by the tape.


For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking


Digg!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to taste sushi but I found it was too dificult to eat it with hashi. I got embarassed when i tried to eat with my friends...
I found this video that teachs how to eat in a polite way. http://www.weshow.com/r/us/p/24327/eating_sushi_in_a_polite_way
It helped me a lot :D