Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Forget Fairway: Brooklyn Needs A Piggly-Wiggly

oo








Carroll Gardeners, forget about Met Food, Fairway and Pathmark. And don't hold out hope that the Whole Food on 3rd Street will ever get built, I say. And that Trader Joe's? By the time that opens its doors, I'll be an old lady.

So you know what Carroll Gardens needs? A great Piggly Wiggly.
See, while I am down South, that is where I shop. I admit, it is because of the name. How could I resist. It is the perfect place for a vegetarian Brooklyn blogger to stock up on basics.
Pork rinds? Yup, Piggly has those in no less then three flavors. Pig brains in milk gravy? Of course. In convenient one serving cans. You can find them in aisle 6. Beach gear, you say? Not even Fairway has that.
And Cinnabon breakfast cereal? Gee, I didn't even know they made that!
Readers, we need one of those wiggly Pigglets on Court, I tell you.
Those supermarkets are rocking!
Oh, who am I kidding! After doing without a good supermarket for a while now in Carroll Gardens, I'll take anything...

For Home Page, click
Pardon Me For Asking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's Gross