Friday, May 30, 2008

Remembering Carroll Gardeners From The Past: Vincent Spinelli

oo

Project Carroll Gardens Ancestors


Wonderful Carroll Gardens reader Frank sent me a nice email a while back. He had a great suggestion:

"Wouldn't it be nice to get the word out and post a few pictures of what this wonderful neighborhood was really like? I'm surer many residents have pictures of their parents, childhood as I have a priceless set of albums from my dad, ..........1930 to 2008 of family, friends and first place."


Well, I couldn't agree more. There have to be hundreds of pictures floating out there. I am hoping that many neighborhood residents who grew up here will take part and will send us pictures of themselves as children or of their ancestors. Especially wonderful would be photos with neighborhood houses or local streets in the background.

Together we could create quite an archive. So get going. Scan those old photos and send them to: pardonmeinbrooklyn at gmail dot com

(If you have no scanner, a digital camera can be used to re-photograph the picture.)


And here is the very first Ancestor:


May I present Vincent Spinelli?



The picture was sent to me by reader Frank who writes:


The picture is of my grandfather, Vincent Spinelli
and his son, Dominick circa 1930
Dominick succumbed to pneumonia, my mom said.
My grandfather was a boss on the docks
1883-1958

Well, it is awfully nice to meet you, Mr. Spinelli...




No comments: