Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Plastic Bag Recycling At Met Food

oo



Dear Readers,
I thought you may be interested to know that Met Food on Smith Street now has a receptacle in front of the store for recycling plastic bags. I have looked for an opportunity to get rid of those annoying bags for a while.
Met also sells reusable "green" bags for 99 cents. I have been using mine for a while , but I have to admit that I still need to remind myself to bring it along on my food forays through the neighborhood. At least, I will know where to recycle the occasional plastic one...



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! thanks so much. I'm creating a small list of recycling bag centers in NYC for this plastic bag kite-making workshop at Socrates Sculpture Park. And you totally helped! [considering that i'm dividing them into boroughs with recycling bag centers]

Anonymous said...

I found this site because I am looking for places to recycle plastic bags near me, up in Washington Heights. Does a good list exist yet? Soapylungs, is yours up and running?