Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Picture Of The Day: Air Drying In Bay Ridge (Not Carroll Gardens)

oo

Photo Credit: Guido (galvarez51) on Flickr

Reader Guido saw my post from a few days ago about my regret of not seeing laundry fluttering in the breeze to dry anymore. Well, guess what! In Bay Ridge, it still seems to be a common sight. Guido sent me this lovely photo and wrote:


Here's a shot that I took late last summer in Bay Ridge. It reminds me of an Edward Hopper painting.

Too bad that there wasn't some woman leaning out the window reeling in/out the line.
How sad that this sight has become a rarity. One would think that the sound of laundry fluttering in the warm backyard breezes would be a commonplace occurrence in Carroll Gardens. I guess we're too busy nowadays to take the time for this chore.

Or just maybe Winn Discount doesn't sell clothespins anymore.




Related Reading:

Let's Face It: Brooklynites Of Yesteryear Were Greener Than We Are



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can attest that the Winn does sell a variety of clothespins, which I use weekly to airdry my sheets and towels, and they smell like all of the beautiful flowers in my garden......