Monday, August 11, 2008

The Last Of The Poppies

oo





The days are still long and warm here in our little corner of France. My little family is still in vacation mode. Brooklyn and fall, as well as the beginning of school, still seem somewhat far away. However, on neighboring farms, this is the busy season. There, the thought of fall and winter is ever present and preparations have begun. Big harvesting machines have moved onto the wheat fields cutting everything down, including the beautiful poppies. I managed to take one last picture before these little beauties disappeared under the huge cutting blades.
Perhaps one day, I will be lucky enough to find them in my garden. You see, I sprinkled some of the seeds onto my flower beds. I guess I will have to wait till next year to find out if they make an appearance.


No comments: