Monday, October 27, 2008

Aerial View Of Smith Street Circa 1938

oo


Smith Street looking towards President Street in the direction of Atlantic Avenue.



IMG_4784

Same spot today. I am sorry I can't fly to take a photo from the air!


IMG_4783

Don't you love the bird's eye view of Smith Street at President Street looking towards Atlantic Avenue circa 1938? On the left side is Carroll Park. Notice the old curved fence. Do you see the church beyond that? It is of course no longer there. The lot is next to the one that now houses Rite Aid.
One can clearly see the trolley tracks running along Smith Street. And it seems that long ago, the traffic went both ways. There were more trees too.
The lovely historic photo was sent to me by a new friend. Her name is Alexandrea and she is as passionate about Carroll Gardens history as I am. She has a lot more great photos to share, so I will be posting them right here. Thanks for sharing, Alexandrea!

I have come across other old photos of Carroll Park and of long lost brownstones on Smith Street before . Make sure you check them out by clicking the links


No comments: