Thursday, November 20, 2008

Former Sur On Smith Becomes A Clothing Store

oo




What a pleasant surprise. I was so certain that the space once occupied by Sur would just become another restaurant. Work had been going on at the store for the last few weeks. But then, last night, I walked by and saw that there is now a clothing store at that location. The name? 'Smith and Butler' judging by the sign up front. That happens to be the location of the store as well.
I didn't have time to stop in. Has anyone checked it out yet?


For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

3 comments:

zach said...

My wife and I were walking by on Wednesday and stopped in. It is owned by an interior designer who has a store in Montauk (I believe).
It looks like they will be selling vintage and current working class style clothes, as well as motorcycle stuff. I think her husband is really into motorcycles.
Anyway, it looks very nice inside, and there is a really cute miniarue english bulldog that hangs out there.

Kelly said...

Hi Zach,
Thanks for the information. The store does look very cool. A vast improvement over restaurant SUR, which died an agonizingly slow death at that location.
Don't know if I can afford to spend money right now, but I will make sure to go in and tickle the miniature bulldog!

houseofjenny said...

A vast improvement over SUR? I cannot agree...as someone who lived just up the block, it was a revelation to stop there on a late Saturday night for a salsa nightcap. The music was fabulous!

Anyone know where the former owners have relocated to?