Thursday, November 06, 2008

Major Yuck Factor At Ting Hua On Smith Street

oo

At night, if you happen to walk by Ting Hua, the Chinese take-out place at 351 Smith Street between Carroll and 2nd Street, you are bound to come across some pretty disgusting garbage. The sidewalk in front of the restaurant is one big oil slick and you never quite know what odd bit of scrap one will find scattered about. The workers put out containers of used grease nightly, but on Monday, I saw open buckets of some pretty foul stuff just left by the curb in front of the place. Needless to say, it was disgusting.
I don't know much about private trash pick-up for restaurants, but gee, I am sure this isn't something that's sanctioned by the Department of Sanitation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is Ting Hua.

Wing Hua is on Court at Nelson Street.

Kelly said...

Ooops, you are so right. Just corrected it. I think it used to also be called Wing, but then changed at one point. Its difficult to tell with the neon out. thanks for catching the mistake.

Anonymous said...

maybe the oil is for bio-fuel vehicle users to pick up. my friend who drives a biofuel cab upstate picks up from various restaurants and converts.
just a thought.

Kelly said...

Hi Betsy,
That would be a great idea and I would be all for it, but even if that were the case, I would expect the restaurant to cover the buckets sufficiantly so that rats can't get to it.