Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Sweetest Video About Brooklyn, Then And Now

oo

Brooklyn Museum 1930's


I happened to stumble across this sweet little Brooklyn video over the week-end and just had to post it here for you, dear Reader, because I am sure you will love it as much as I do. Below is the caption accompanying the video. Enjoy!
My semi-artsy attempt to compare the films my Grandfather shot in the 1930's to their modern-day equivalents. From memory, I tried to stand on the very spots my Grandfather shot 70 years ago and see how things have changed over time and re-capture Park Slope, Brooklyn...then and now.

Video by clokey 136

6 comments:

Lidian said...

What a lovely little film, thank you so much for posting it!

Kelly said...

Hi Lidian,
Yes, isn't it? Makes me want to know more about that family. I wish I had footage of my family from the 1930's.

Anonymous said...

I love the way the fashion haromizes with the architecture it's very beautiful together. Really nice film thank you.
Vince

Anonymous said...

Just add a green packard to 8th avenue doctor's row and we were there too

Anonymous said...

Hey...that's my family. Thanks for sharing it here. I'm the filmmaker...

Katia said...

Hi Anonymous,
That's great. Did you take the movie down? Somehow the link doesn't seem to work any more.