Thursday, March 19, 2009

'Trashy Subject' In Carroll Gardens

oo




Wednesday 3/18 at 1:30 PM


Hey, what's going on with garbage pick up here in Carroll Gardens? On some blocks, it is not unusual to see full garbage cans standing by the curb in the middle of the afternoon.
I am not the only one who notices the delay in 'morning pick-up.' Below is an email sent to me by local resident Justin:

Hi Katia
I live on Sackett St and have noticed that in the past 6 months the garbage pickup schedule has become extremely irregular. What used to be early Saturday AM pickup can now be as late as Saturday night and similarly for the Wednesday morning pickup .... Thus our streets are filled with trash cans and garbage for two whole days and nights a week rather than just two nights. Have you experienced this?
I imagine that budget cuts are responsible, but it would be great to know if there is a new schedule.


So, what's going on? Does anyone have an explanation? Is there a change we should know about?



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the same scheduled days for trash pickup in Kensington and I have noticed the same thing. Let every know if you find out any thing.

Thanks.

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I'm on President between Smith-Hoyt. I don't know this for a fact, but I wouldn't be surprised if the reason were cutbacks. Our Wednesday trash & recycling pickups used to start around 7:00 am, and the regular trash pickup on Saturday was at about the same time or sometimes earlier. Our Saturday trash is now picked up after dark, and our Wednesday pickups take all day and into the evening.

Anonymous said...

My cousin who works for sanatation told me that in the winter months the shifts change. So for example if your pickup was supposed to be sunday night/ monday morning , the pickup would now be mon night/ tue morning. It is not budget cuts at all.